How we know, rent a room in Dublin is so expensive so many students choose the option to share room with a friend or even a stranger. It apparently seems very difficult as your roommate may have different interests than you, another lifestyle and culture and ideas. Most people at some point must learn to cope with the challenges of having a roommate. The following is a list of suggestions to help you share your living space harmoniously. Sharing room would be a good experience and you and your roommate would turn into such a good friends.
- Find the correct roommate. You must be careful when you choose a roommate as you may have to share the room long time with them.
- Ask about interests and hobbies to know if they are compatible with you.
- Try to find out how it is their economy to avoid problems as they need to pay every month.
- Ask about their schedule. You need to know if your roommate is going to get up so early or go to sleep so late every day because may it is not suitable for you. Having schedules similars is better to have a good coexistence.
- Also you must speak with them about smoking. You can arrive to a deal not to smoke in the room in case they would be smoker.
- Set boundaries and stick with them. This applies to food, clothes, possessions, loud activities, use of common areas, parties, quiet hours, cleaning responsibilities, and so on.
- Respect each other’s privacy and personal space. This is especially important if you share a small living area. Make a clear delineation between your stuff and your roommate’s stuff. That way you are only responsible for your things. You must always ask before “borrowing” anything, no matter if it’s trivial. Doing this you will avoid discussions.
- You must share the apartment duties with your roommate such as cleaning, speaking with the landlord, doing shopping…
- Also you must clean your stuffs as for example the dishes after eat. Also, you must to have the part of your room tidy up. If you or your roommate are a disorganized person the room will be a mess.
- Try always to communicate with your roommate and be respectuos with them. For example, if they want to sleep you mustn’t do noise and switch off the lights because may you want to sleep another day and they not.
Following this easy rules you will have a good experience studying and living in Dublin.